Lightening dark patches is a great idea with the use of coconut oil. Well, that’s what a popular belief among the masses now. According to beauty bloggers, coconut oil for skin lightening reduces the appearance of dark spots. But, before involving it in your daily routine, it’s worth noting how legitimate it is. In this article, you will get a vivid idea.
How to apply coconut oil for skin lightening? The short answer is that you have to add ten drops of lemon juice to two spoonfuls of coconut oil. Just go with mixing ingredients with a spoon. Now apply this lotion to the desired region. Let it stay there for15 minutes.
Does coconut oil lighten skin?
Of course, it does! If you are searching for answers, you must know how does coconut oil for skin whitening works? The coconut oil has mild bleaching properties that lighten the skin. The abundance of essential fatty acids can give relief against tanning. The healthiest ingredients, like essential fatty acids and vitamin E, have the properties of bleaching. But, it takes time to lighten the skin oil. Linoleic acid (vitamin F) in coconut oil retains moisture.
Moreover, lauric acid has antibacterial properties. Therefore, combining it with a bleaching agent can give the needed results. Besides, you can get the availability of coconut oil as a solid that can penetrate deeper into the skin compared to most other oils. As a result, the skin’s inner layer absorbs the oil faster compared to other oils. With that, treatment of the underlying inflammations and other disorders becomes easier.
The Antibacterial, anti-fungal, Moisturizing, Rejuvenating nature of coconut oil makes it favorable. A high-fat content, which works for reducing rashes, healing wounds, as well as preventing breakouts.
Benefits of using coconut oil for skin lightening
Essential medium-chain fatty acids, natural components have antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties is making coconut oil quite popular. So, let’s consider having a glance at the benefits.
Coconut oil lightens skin as it works as the protective barrier layer. That said, it can ensure trapping moisture inside. As a result, it can keep skin supple and hydrated.
The anti-inflammatory properties of coconut oil heal the irritated, chafed skin.
Increased collagen production
Lauric acid works with a beneficial effect on collagen production. Maintenance of firmness and elasticity is yet another vital part. Collagen eliminates fine lines and wrinkles.
Lightening dark patches
Lightening the skin and reducing the appearance of dark spots are some of the many benefits of coconut oil.
Coconut Oil Remedies for Skin Whiting
Bleaching ingredients of coconut oil penetrate deeper into the skin. That said, it can ensure improved performance. Get the illuminated skin tone with coconut oil. Here are the remedial solutions that you can prepare using coconut oil.
1. Coconut Oil with Lemon Juice
Lemon juice, an effective natural remedy for lightening the skin, finds use when combined with coconut oil. Combine these two ingredients to prepare the potent lotion. The whitening surface you get is due to the vitamin nourishment of coconut oil for skin lightening.
- Add ten drops of lemon juice to two spoonfuls of coconut oil. Now, thoroughly mix ingredients with a spoon to get adequate consistency.
- Applying onto the desired region and leave for 15 minutes.
- After you see that the skin has absorbed it, rinse with tipped water.
- If you are considering covering a big area, increase the amount of paste.
- Always consider the treatment before bedtime each day
2. Coconut Oil with Baking Soda
Baking soda, a bleaching agent, works for lightening the skin. In addition, the exfoliator removes dead dirt, debris, skin cells, and other impurities.
- Take one spoonful of baking soda. Next, add 1⁄2 spoonful of lemon juice. Besides, also add four drops of tea tree oil. Now mix the three with 1⁄4 spoonful of coconut oil.
- Stir the coconut oil for skin mixture and take care of the consistency. As soon as you see the smooth paste, apply to the desired place.
- Leave for 4 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Let dry your skin and wipe the skin with a microfiber cloth.
3. Coconut Oil with Turmeric
Turmeric, a compound found in curcumin, regulates melanin production. Get an even skin tone complexion with the solution. Besides, it can also moisturize the damaged skin. The solution moves into deep layers of skin and illuminates the tone.
- Take 1/4 turmeric powder teaspoon, one tablespoon of coconut oil, one raw honey teaspoon in a bowl. Also, add to it two tablespoons of flour powder.
- Make a fine paste of coconut oil for skin complexion. Do that by taking care of the consistency and then apply this mixture all over the face.
- Let it stay there for 20 – 25 minutes. Now scrub the cream with a warm, wet cloth. Also, involve cold water alternately.
- Using this paste regularly ensures the avoidance of dark, discolored skin.
- Take enough coconut oil and add 1 – 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder. See to that, and it makes a fine paste.
- Apply it to the place for getting the whitened skin.
- Leave it overnight, and then wash with tippy water.
- You can also take one tablespoon of coconut oil and add a pinch of turmeric.
- Mixing it with 1/2 mashed ripe banana gives the enhanced results.
- Applying this face mask to a clean face makes the skin bright.
- Let it stay there for 15-20 minutes.
- Also, rinse with cool water.
4. DIY Whipped Coconut Oil Moisturizer
For this preparation, you will need the electric blender and coconut oil!
Ingredients you need include 16 ounces coconut oil and 10-30 drops of essential oils.
- Blend the coconut oil thoroughly. Do it in a mixing bowl.
- Now, break up the coconut oil, turn up the mixer, whip coconut oil.
- Continue whipping until you get the desired consistency. Also, see to that the oil becomes soft and fluffy.
- Go ahead with adding essential oils.
- Now take this moisturizer of coconut oil into the storage container.
- Now you can use it on the affected areas regularly.
5. Avocado Coconut Oil Face Mask
Doesn’t this recipe seem to be a fantastic idea? Coconut oil loaded with antioxidants always makes sure about keeping the free radical damage away. Sun protection you can get with it gives a range of benefits. Avocado also works for the hydration and moisturizing of the skin. The entire mixture takes care of the exfoliation of the skin. It can keep away the acne and further breakouts.
Preparation (method 1):
- You will need one tablespoon coconut oil, 1/4 ripe avocado, and 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Peel the outer of the Avocado portion. Place the avocado in a pot, add the nutmeg, and blend it appropriately to get the smooth paste.
- Stir the smooth paste until you get the clear blend.
- Circularly stir it to apply the mixture to your face.
- Let it stay there for 15 minutes.
- After that, just rinse it off with the cool water.
- You can also warm washcloth, pat dry with the towel clean.
Preparation (method 2):
- Add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg to make the face mask mixture. You can also apply it to the neck, cleavage, hands, and legs.
- Mix the avocado to the paste to make it good for the skin.
6. Pure Coconut Oil For Lighten Skin
- Put some coconut oil in your hand. Rub it and apply it to your hands.
- Massage the oil and keep noticing it for absorption.
- Leaving the oil overnight gives the best results.
- The next morning, wipe it with lukewarm water.
7. Coconut and aloe vera oil
Aloe vera with coconut oil for skin lightening makes the skin healthy. Aloe vera, the topical gel, finds quick absorption in the skin. The water-soluble and fat-soluble minerals, enzymes, vitamins give enhanced results. You can use it as an effective skin moisturizer.
The two together ensure providing the anti-inflammatory properties. Besides lightening the skin, they can keep away small abrasions.
- Take one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Mix aloe vera gel with coconut oil to get the desired consistency.
- Apply the mask evenly to the areas where you want lightening.
- Let it stay there for 5-10 minutes.
- Use the lukewarm water to rinse it off. Then, pat it dry.
- You can prepare the Aloe vera and coconut oil scrub.
- Take ½ cup virgin coconut oil, ¼ cup of pure aloe vera gel, and ½ raw or white sugar.
- Add sugar, coconut oil to a bowl and mix them well.
- Pour aloe vera gel, blend it and keep it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Gently exfoliate the region of application with circular strokes.
- Let it stay there for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water, and then apply moisturizing cream.
Ways you can use Coconut Oil for Skin Whitening.
You can notice the range of benefits of using coconut oil for skin whitening.
1. Body Moisturizer
Coconut oil gives the perfect scope to moisturize skin. Just apply the natural coconut oil or the coconut oil-enriched body lotion when you come out of the shower. Besides, coconut oil also helps prevent infection. Gentle use around sensitive areas can give the needed benefits.
2. Taming frizz
Coconut oil smoothens frizzy hair. You can get a smooth, shiny feel easily with that. Coconut oil on extensions makes the hair perfect. Coconut oil works in the form of a good deep conditioner.
3. Face Mask
One spoonful of honey with one spoonful of melted coconut oil gives the supple skin. You need to leave the combination on the skin for 15-20 minutes to set. Clean and dry the face, and then add a mask.
4. Silky-Smooth Cream for shaving
Coconut oil as a base ensures giving you a better shave. That said, it can make the skin smooth and supple. So, you don’t have to stay worried regarding the raw, patchy skin with bruises.
5. Body Scrub
DIY coconut oil pack helps you get luminous skin. Make this formula by mixing half a cup of coconut oil with granulated sugar. Then, exfoliate it to get a beautiful glow on your skin.
6. Softening Cuticles
Wash your hands, apply coconut oil that can render extra tender skin. You can apply coconut oil twice daily that can give smooth, supple, and nourished skin.
7. Luminous Skin
Coconut oil consumed as food detoxifies your body. Besides, it cures headaches, prevents acidity, and whitens teeth.
Using coconut oil on your face overnight
You can now use coconut oil as a night cream.
- Liquefy one tablespoon of coconut oil. Gently rub it between your hands. See to hat it has the silky, light texture.
- Apply on face and neck. Also, you can apply it to the dry areas of your body.
- Remove thick residue with soft tissue.
- Just leave it in place overnight.
- Make sure that it doesn’t go into the eyes. That said, with this tip, you can keep away the chance of the vision blurry temporarily.
However, for the combination skin, it’s worth experimenting with a patch test first.
Tips to follow while using :
Certain tips that you need to follow are as follows.
- For preparing the DIY recipes, never choose refined coconut oil. Instead, use organic, unrefined, cold-pressed virgin coconut oil. It can keep away health and skin problems.
- Before considering the application of the oil, consider doing the skin patch test. It will give you the signal of whether or not you are allergic to coconut oil.
- Get the glow from inside out when you consider coconut oil in your daily diet. One tablespoon of organic coconut oil gives the needed results. You can also mix it in coffee, teas, or smoothies.
What is the Best Time to Apply Coconut Oil?
Will coconut oil darken the skin?
What are the Side effects?
Hopefully, you have got the advanced knowledge about coconut oil for skin lightening. Besides, you have also come to know about how to use coconut oil for skin whitening. All-natural properties, alongside the beneficial ingredients, take care of skin health. You can accompany the remedies mentioned above in the skincare regimen and get the results in no time. So, start following it today and let us know about the changes you notice in the comments below.